Disk brushes—also referred to as disc brushes—are circular brushes with the tufts perpendicular to the base, though disk brushes can be produced with leaning (canted) tufts. These brushes find use in a wide range of industrial operations, such as cleaning, polishing, or scrubbing, involving flat surfaces. They vary in size, material, and design, depending on the specifications of the application.
Our Disk Brush Products
At Cocker-Weber, we manufacture a variety of high-quality brushes—including disk brushes—for customers across a diverse set of industries. Our brushes are highly customizable as they are available in a broad selection of sizes and with numerous brush base and fill material options.
Disk Brush Base Material Options
The ideal base material for a disk brush depends heavily on the requirements and restrictions of the intended application. Our customers can pick from the following base materials:
- Plastics, including acetyl, nylon, PVC, and UHMW
Disk Brush Fill Material Options
Each disk brush production run also requires customers to select a fill material. The fill material options we offer include:
- Synthetics: nylon, anti-static nylon, PVC, polyethylene, and styrene
- Metals: brass, bronze, carbon steel, and stainless steel
- Natural fibers: Chungking bristles, white boar’s bristles, Tampico, horsehair, goat hair, and other animal hairs
Disk Brush Dimensional Range Options
Our custom disk brushes can be manufactured to meet a variety of project requirements. They are available in thicknesses of 1 inch to 6 inches and diameters of 3/8 inch to 36 inches.
Industrial Applications of Disk Brushes
Customers employ our disk brushes in a variety of industrial applications. For example, our products serve as:
- Golf disk brushes for the sports market
- Polishing and cleaning brushes for general industrial and manufacturing operations
- Product movement brushes for automation and industrial machinery applications
- Non-metallic disk brushes for electronics manufacturing and maintenance
- Abrasive disk brushes for glass and ceramic processing and finishing
Cocker-Weber Brush Company: Your Custom Disk Brush Partner
Founded in 1892, Cocker-Weber began as a brush manufacturing facility that served the Philadelphia area. Over 125 years later, our company continues to be a leading producer and supplier of tufted industrial brushes. Leveraging both hand and machine manufacturing methods, we make brushes to the highest possible industry standards. By choosing us as their brush supplier, customers benefit from our:
- Years of experience and success
- Knowledgeable and skilled employees
- Pride of ownership
- Superior customer service
Our team strives to offer customers innovative and high-quality products that meet their needs and budget. While doing so, we also seek to optimize brushmaking operations and implement environmentally friendly practices. If you’re interested in learning more about our custom brush offerings or placing an order, request a free quote today. A member of our capable staff will be happy to speak with you and assess your organization’s unique and individualized needs.